Baton Rouge Personal Injury Lawyers
When you’ve been injured by someone else’s negligence, you need an attorney on your side who knows how to fight for your rights and who isn’t afraid to stand up for you. The legal team at Murphy Law Firm brings decades of experience to the table. We are fierce when it comes to advocating for our clients’ needs – and our opponents know it.
Personal injury cases deal with situations in which one person is harmed due to the negligence of another entity, whether an individual or a corporation. Personal injuries come in many forms. At Murphy Law Firm, our attorneys have represented individuals and families in a wide range of personal injury claims in Louisiana, including:
Motor Vehicle Accidents
- All Louisiana drivers have a duty to use reasonable care in order to avoid accidents. When a driver fails to meet this duty, serious injuries or even death can result. At Murphy Law Firm, our skilled auto accident attorneys have extensive experience successfully resolving cases involving car accidents, truck crashes, motorcycle wrecks, and collisions involving bicycles and pedestrians. We understand how complications like a hit-and-run or a “no pay, no play” scenario can make people feel hopeless. However, our Baton Rouge personal injury attorneys are committed to developing smart legal strategies in pursuit of maximum compensation.
Premises Liability (Slip and Fall)
- Property owners have a responsibility to keep social guests and business visitors reasonably free from harm. When a property owner fails in that required duty and someone is injured, the property owner may be held liable. Premises liability cases aren’t restricted to slips and trips, either. For instance, a property owner may be held liable if he or she failed to provide adequate lighting or security, resulting in your injury due to a third party’s criminal act such as a mugging. Our experienced premises liability lawyers can help you determine your rights and fight for compensation.
- Baton Rouge is a place where many people earn a living or spend their free time relaxing on the water. Unfortunately, there are many scenarios where maritime workers and recreational boaters can suffer injuries due to someone else’s negligence. If a maritime work accident or boat crash has left you hurt and unable to work, you need to talk with our knowledgeable personal injury attorneys about your compensation options today. Our team has a successful track record in handling Jones Act claims, Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act claims, and boat accident lawsuits.
Mesothelioma and Asbestos Claims
- If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with the devastating asbestos cancer mesothelioma, you may be entitled to compensation from the companies that put you in harm’s way. Our compassionate Baton Rouge mesothelioma attorneys work with asbestos victims and their families to file bankruptcy trust fund claims, negotiate settlements, and pursue lawsuits against the parties responsible for your illness. Our goal is to recover full and fair compensation to help your family through this difficult time.
Dangerous or Defective Products
- You should be able to trust that if you purchase a product at a store or are prescribed a medication by a doctor, that item is safe to use as intended. However, that is not always the case. When a dangerous product or defective device causes harm to a consumer, the manufacturers, product designers, marketers, retailers, and any other company in the chain of distribution could potentially be held liable. At Murphy Law Firm, our experienced Baton Rouge product liability lawyers are committed to holding negligent companies accountable when their actions leave you hurt.
- Workers’ compensation insurance protects workers who have been injured on the job in Louisiana. It pays for injury-related medical expenses and provides certain disability coverages so that you can focus on healing. When you’re struggling to recover from a workplace injury or an occupational illness, fighting with an insurance company or proving that a third party is to blame for your suffering can be an uphill battle. Murphy Law Firm fights for injured workers and can help guide you through the process with confidence.
- Surgical errors, medication errors, misdiagnoses, birth injuries, and many other medical mistakes pose a serious threat to patients in Baton Rouge. When a medical error results in a patient receiving substandard care, the situation may devolve into one of medical malpractice. Establishing malpractice occurred and fighting for your rights isn’t easy, especially when you are already struggling to recover from the effects of the negligent care you received. The medical malpractice attorneys at Murphy Law Firm will fight for the full compensation you deserve, and we will stand up to doctors’ offices, hospitals, insurance companies, and others who may try to prevent you from recovering the money you need.
Class-Action Lawsuits/Mass Torts
- Class-action lawsuits occur when a large number of people who were all injured in a similar way by the same defendant band together to hold that defendant accountable, rather than attempting to fight the same battle individually. Louisiana Civil Code of Procedure Article 591 requires that special rules be followed in order to have a class “certified,” so that members of the class can pursue a class-action lawsuit. The attorneys at Murphy Law Firm understand Louisiana’s class-action laws and work to ensure the process of creating a class action goes smoothly, so we can focus on proving the case and pursuing compensation for those who have been injured.
- Nothing in life can prepare you for the sudden loss of a loved one, especially when that loss was caused by someone else’s negligence. Our Baton Rouge wrongful death lawyers focus on providing the respect and compassion your family needs, while fighting fiercely to protect your legal rights and hold negligent parties accountable.
Don’t Be a Victim Twice!
You’ve already been hurt once. Being taken advantage of by an insurance company or deprived of the compensation you deserve simply injures you again. Don’t let it happen: Contact Murphy Law Firm to learn more about your rights and to discuss how an experienced Baton Rouge personal injury attorney can protect you.
Because we work with our clients on a contingency basis, you won’t pay attorney’s fees unless we recover compensation for you. Call us at our Baton Rouge office at 225-928-8800 or use our online contact form to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation now.